Capdion CDI Technology either a replacement or a post-treatment of drinking water purification process
Cap De-Ionization (CDI) is currently the most advanced technology for ion-exchange. With this technology (ultra) pure water can be produced continuously. This high-end technology can have an application in sectors such as Power plants, process industry and pharmaceutical industry. An CDI-unit is usually used as a post-treatment of Reverse Osmosis water.
Combined System of Capdion and SanClean for full water treatment Procedure
CDI Units Features:
- Stack interconnection capability for low-cost system construction
- High flow rate blocks, flows up to 45 m3/h (200 gpm) per block
- High deionization with recovery up to 97.5 %
- Robust design: no internal or external leaks
- Small footprint: ideal for operation inside containers
- Voltage stability
- An effective either replacement or post-treatment facility for RO System.
- Complete reliable engineering package
- Disinfection the treated water by ECA Anolyte
- ECA not only kills bacteria and viruses very quickly; it also improves taste and odour properties and breaks down Biofilms. ECA Anolyte destroys microorganisms either by disturbance of growth or by destroying of their cell walls.
Drinking water production from surface water/groundwater: A Traditional Model
Capdion CDI Technology offers a chemically free process that uses electricity and carbon covered electrodes to produce ultra-pure deionized water.
|Following you will find a summing up explanation of a drinking water purification process steps. a: Prefiltration|
1) The uptake of water from surface waters or groundwater and storage in reservoirs. Aeration of groundwater and natural treatment of surface water usually take place in the reservoirs. Often softening and pH-adjustments already happen during these natural processes.
2) Rapid sand filtration or in some cases microfiltration in drum filters.
b: Addition of chemicals
3) pH adjustment through addition of calcium oxide and sodium hydroxide.
4) FeCl3 addition to induce flocculation for the removal of humic acids and suspended particulate matter, if necessary with the addition of an extra flocculation aid. Flocs are than settled and removed through lamellae separators. After that the flocs are concentrated in sludge and pumped to the exterior for safe removal of the particulates and sludge dewatering.
5) Softening in a reservoir, through natural aeration or with sodium hydroxide, on to 8,5 oD. This is not always necessary. For instance, in case natural filtration will be applied, softening takes place naturally.
c: Natural filtration
6) Drinking water preparation step mostly on the infiltration of the water in sand dunes for natural purification. This is not applied on all locations The water will enter the saturated zone where the groundwater is located and it will undergo further biological purification. As soon as it is needed for drinking water preparation, it will be extracted through drains.
7) Disinfection with (Catholyte) sodium hypochlorite (NaOCL), Ozone and Chlorine. Usually, Chlorine is using as the traditional water disinfectant, however, ECA would be preferred because Ozone diffuses through the water as small bubbles, lasting for a few minutes, and in general is very unstable. During these processes ozone is lost according to the reaction O3 -> O2 +(O).
e: Fine filtration
8) Slow sand (media) filtration for the removal of the residual turbidity and harmful bacteria. Sand filters are backwashed with water and air every day.
9) Active carbon filtration for further removal of matter affecting taste and odour and remaining micro pollutants. This takes place when water streams through a granular activated carbon layer in a filter. Backwash is required regularly due to silting up and reactivation of an active carbon filter should be done once a year.
f: Preservation and storage
10) Addition of 0.3 mg/L sodium hypochlorite to guarantee the preservation of the obtained quality. Not all companies chlorinate drinking water. The water will eventually be distributed to users through pipelines and distribution pumps.
11) Aeration for recovery oxygen supply of the water prior to storage. This is not always applied.
12) Remaining water can be stored in drinking water reservoirs.
In the following schematic representation of the drinking water preparation process dotted arrows represent the incoming chemicals and red arrows represent the outgoing flows.
ECA Anolyte Vs Hypochlorite Na and Ozone
How ECA Water Kills Microorganisms: The ORP of ECAa (anolyte) is +800 mV to +1,200 mV, which creates an environment outside the working range of important microbial metabolic processes. When immersed in these solutions, the microorganisms are exposed to powerful oxidants causing the rupturing of biochemical bonds and hence leading to loss of cell function. Moreover, the high ORP environment creates an unbalanced osmolarity between the ion concentrations in the solution and that within unicellular organisms, further damaging membrane structures. This leads to increased membrane porosity, enabling oxidizing moieties present in ECAa (anolyte) to penetrate into the cell cytoplasm, ultimately leading to the inactivation of intracellular protein, lipids and nucleic acid, rendering the cell non-functional.
Antimicrobial Components of ECA Water: According to many studies, it was concluded that HOCl is the primary active agent present in acidic ECAa (anolyte) which disrupts many microbial structure. In addition, OH– hydroxyl radicals, which is the strongest oxidizing agent also have shown antimicrobial activity
Drinking Water Disinfection
Disinfection with sodium hypochlorite or ozone. Usually, ozonation would be preferred, because ozone not only kills bacteria and viruses; it also improves taste and odour properties and breaks down micropollutants. Ozone diffuses through the water as small bubbles and is very unstable, standing for a few minutes. During these processes ozone is lost according to the reaction O3 -> O2 +(O).
Eaquasys SanClean ECA System is rapidly becoming the technology of choice for companies in the water treatment sector as an alternative to conventional halogen-based chemical disinfectant and cleaning agents.
Eaquasys uses only natural elements in the activation process and is suitable for a wide range of applications, especially where the use of hazardous chemicals poses a risk to the environment, product and employers’ safety.
Advantages of the Eaquasys SanClean Sanitation Technology
• Reliable killing of bacteria and yeasts
• Shortens cleaning time and expands production time
• Promotes a consistent product and production quality
• Active ingredient tested for purity in compliance with BS EN 901
• Eaquasys SanClean Anolyte complies with National and International drinking water directives
• Handling and storage of hazardous working materials are reduced
• No wastewater pollution, improved COD and AOX values
• Simple integration into existing systems. We deliver individual, practical solutions for safe plant hygiene in beverage production and beverage filling.
Use of Anolyte in well water and municipal water
The Commercial Benefits of Eaquasys Biowater
A significant reduction during downtime in Cleaning-in-Place (CIP) of the process plant. Our detergent, which is free-rinsing is used as a replacement for Caustic Soda, with our disinfectant, used as the post-cleaning decontamination.
The provision of real-time measurement, monitoring and control of solutions to indicate the instantaneous microbial efficacy.
Biowater is ideally suited for the removal and control of Biofilm.
Both solutions are easily and safely applied without requiring special handling procedures.
The Eaquasys Biowaters Choice
Both solutions can safely be applied throughout any plant for general plant hygiene and sanitation, providing an effective and safe hygiene management tool. Specific applications include:
Control of micro-organisms in industrial water-based cooling systems.
Disinfection of potable or ingredient in treatment plants. Disinfection of final effluent prior to discharge.
Disinfection of process water, eliminating the introduction of micro-organisms into the process.
The solutions are approved for use in food processing by the South African, UK, German, and USA regulatory authorities.
Our technology is water and energy efficient.
Biowaters supports healthy food initiatives
- A significant reduction on decontamination time
- Remove and control of Biofilm
- Easily and safely applied
- Very powerful and efficient on killing the wide range of Microorganisms
- A water and energy efficient technology
- Supports healthy food inetiatives
Why Use Eaquasys SanClean Electrolyzed Water (ECA) Instead of Traditional Chemicals?
- ECA is an Eco-Friendly and an option to replace toxic chemicals with an environmentally safe pH neutral disinfectant/detergent
- High efficacy in killing various microorganisms
- Minimal production costs: 1 litre of Anolyte/Catholyte costs less than 0,01 USD to produce
- Elimination of storage and handling of chemicals
- Elimination of transport, therefore reducing CO2 emission footprint
- Reduced Labour Liability
HiLab ATP-Pro10, Rapid Surface & Water Hygiene Monitoring System
How Does Chlorine in Water Affect my Health?
Chlorine, Cancer, and Heart Disease
“We are quite convinced, based on this study, that there is an association between cancer and chlorinated water.” ‐ Medical College of Wisconsin research team
Chlorine is a naturally occurring element; symbol Cl, atomic number 17 on the periodic table. It’s a very dangerous toxin that has many uses, from disinfecting to bleaching. In small quantities, liquid and gas forms can be poisonous. In its gas form, chlorine is a pale green colour and has a smelly odour and makes your breathing laboured. In its solid form, it’s more of a yellow-green colour. It is abundant in nature in its chloride ion form found in many of the salts that are in the earth. Many animals, including humans, need chlorine. But there is a limit to what we can physically tolerate.
3 Common Exposures to Chorine:
Absorption through the skin from water and from the air
Drinking & Eating
Breathing in the fumes that chlorine can create
Research has shown, however, that long‐term exposure to chlorine leads to the production of free radicals within the body. Free radicals are carcinogenic, and cause tremendous damage to our cells. Did You Know? The risk of developing cancer is 93% higher in people who drink or are otherwise exposed to chlorinated water? Chlorine is a potential health hazard to both children and adults, and it is an issue that should be taken quite seriously. According to a Belgian study that was released in 2003, certain irritants called trichloramines are released any time chlorinated water reacts with organic materials (such as sweat or urine) from people. Trichloramines are believed to initiate a biological process that effectively destroys the cellular barriers surrounding the lungs. Children exposed to large amounts of chlorine could potentially suffer asthmatic attacks. In one research study, rats exposed to chlorine and chloramines developed tumors in their kidneys and intestines. Chlorine can irritate severely, even burn, skin exposed directly to it. It can irritate and burn the eyes and throat as well.
Water purification is the process of removing undesirable chemicals, biological contaminants, suspended solids and gases from water. The goal is to produce water fit for a specific purpose. Most water is disinfected for human consumption (drinking water), but water purification may also be designed for a variety of other purposes, including fulfilling the requirements of medical, pharmacological, chemical and industrial applications. The methods used include physical processes such as filtration, sedimentation, and distillation; biological processes such as slow sand filters or biologically active carbon; chemical processes such as flocculation and chlorination and the use of electromagnetic radiation such as ultraviolet light.
1-CDI Purification system
It’s extremely important to confirm your water has been purified or treated before drinking. If your water is contaminated and you don’t have bottled water, there are various water purification methods that are used today, and each method has its merits and demerits. Filtering is good for basic water tasks such as sediment and chlorine removal, but in the long run reverse osmosis is the best option. At Eaquasys we focus on CDI Purification vs reverse osmosis (RO) units because they require a lot of energy and 30-50% of wasting the water as well as eliminating the beneficial water minerals in the process required to make water.
When CDI system is not available, there are 5 water purification methods that you can use to treat your water.
2-Reverse Osmosis (RO)
Mechanical pressure is applied to an impure solution to force pure water through a semi-permeable membrane. Reverse osmosis is theoretically the most thorough method of large-scale water purification available, although perfect semi-permeable membranes are difficult to create. Unless membranes are well-maintained, algae and other life forms can colonise the membranes.
- The use of iron in removing arsenic from water. See Arsenic contamination of groundwater.
- Direct contact membrane distillation (DCMD). Applicable to desalination. Heated seawater is passed along the surface of a hydrophobic polymer membrane. Evaporated water passes from the hot side through pores in the membrane into a stream of cold pure water on the other side. The difference in vapour pressure between the hot and cold side helps to push water molecules through.
Boiling water is the cheapest and safest method of water purification. Water sources and or channels of distribution may render your water unsafe. For example, parasites and germs are things you may not see by bare eyes, but their effects can be life-threatening.
In this method, clean water should be brought to boil and left at rolling-boil for 1-3 minutes. For people living in high altitude areas, it is recommended to boil your water for longer than water boiled at lower altitudes. This is because water boils at lower temperatures in higher altitudes. Boiled water should be covered and left to cool before drinking. For water drawn from wells, leave it for compounds to settle before you filter out clean water for use.
4 – Filtration
Filtration is one of the effective ways of purifying water and when using the right multimedia filters it’s effective in ridding water of the compounds. This method uses chemical and physical processes to purify water and make it safe for human consumption. Filtration eliminates both large compounds and small, dangerous contaminants that cause diseases with a simple and quick filtration process.. Since filtration does not deplete all the mineral salts, water that has been filtered is considered healthier compared to water purified using other methods. It’s one of the effective water purification methods that utilize chemical absorption process that effectively removes unwanted compounds from water.
Compared to reverse osmosis, filtration is considered effective when it comes to selective elimination of much smaller molecular compounds such as chlorine and pesticides. The other factor that makes filtration less costly is that it does not require a lot of energy needed in distillation and reverse osmosis. It is an economic method of water purification because little water is lost during purification.
5 – Distillation
Distillation is a water purification method that utilizes heat to collect pure water in the form of vapour. This method is effective by the scientific fact that water has a lower boiling point than other contaminants and disease-causing elements found in water. Water is subjected to a heat source until it attains its boiling point. It is then left at the boiling point until it vaporizes. This vapour is directed into a condenser to cool. Upon cooling, vapour is reversed into liquid water that is clean and safe for drinking. Other substances that have a higher boiling point are left as sediments in the container.
This method is effective in removing bacteria, germs, salts and other heavy metals such as lead, mercury and arsenic. Distillation is ideal for people who have access to raw, untreated water. This method has both advantages and disadvantages. A notable disadvantage is that it is a slow process of water purification. In addition, it requires a heat source for the purification to work. Although cheap sources of energy are being developed, distillation remains a costly process of purifying water. It is only ideal (effective and least costly) when purifying small quantities of water (It is not ideal for large-scale, commercial or industrial purification).
6 – Chlorination
Chlorine is a powerful chemical that has conventionally been in use for many years to treat water for home consumption. Chlorine is an effective water purification method that kills germs, parasites and other disease-causing organisms found in ground or tap water apart of its some risks. Some researches claim that the risk of developing cancer is 93% higher in people who drink or are otherwise exposed to chlorinated water? Chlorine is a potential health hazard to both children and adults, and it is an issue that should be taken quite seriously.
Water can be purified using chlorine tablets or liquid chlorine. As an off-the-shelf water purification product, chlorine is cheap and effective. However, caution should be taken when using chlorine liquid or tablets to treat drinking water. For example, people suffering from thyroid problems should talk to a medical practitioner before using this product. When using chlorine tablets, it is important to apply them in heated water, as they dissolve well in water that is at 21 degree Celsius or higher. Chlorine tablets kill all bacteria leaving your water clean and safe.
If you are looking for the best ways of treating your water, Eaquasys Water is your best source of advice on best water purification methods and custom solutions to your water purification needs.
Demineralized Water by RO and Distillation: Risk for Health
Distillation removes all minerals from water, and the membrane methods of reverse osmosis and nanofiltration remove most to all minerals. This results in demineralized water which is not considered ideal drinking water. The World Health Organization has investigated the health effects of demineralized water since 1980. Experiments in humans found that demineralized water increased diuresis and the elimination of electrolytes, with decreased blood serum potassium concentration. Magnesium, calcium, and other minerals in water can help to protect against nutritional deficiency. Demineralized water may also increase the risk from toxic metals because it more readily leaches materials from piping like lead and cadmium, which is prevented by dissolved minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Low-mineral water has been implicated in specific cases of lead poisoning in infants, when lead from pipes leached at especially high rates into the water. Recommendations for magnesium have been put at a minimum of 10 mg/L with 20–30 mg/L optimum; for calcium a 20 mg/L minimum and a 40–80 mg/L optimum, and a total water hardness (adding magnesium and calcium) of 2 to 4 mmol/L. At water hardness above 5 mmol/L, higher incidence of gallstones, kidney stones, urinary stones, arthrosis, and arthropathies have been observed. Additionally, desalination processes can increase the risk of bacterial contamination.
Eaquasys Consortium: A Grand Package towards the Green World
Eaquasys Consortium committed to the environmental policy which is the commitment of an organization to the laws, regulations, and other policy mechanisms concerning environmental issues. These issues generally include air and water pollution, waste management, ecosystem management, maintenance of biodiversity, the protection of natural resources, wildlife and endangered species.
We manufacturer and provide a wide range of markets for detecting and controlling contamination and bacterial infection.
We manufacture Natural Hygiene ECA Generators, Capdion water purification CDI system, HiLab ATP detector, Solar Clean energy generators and beyond.
CAPDION (CDI) WATER PURIFICATION PARALLEL SYSTEM
Capdion has a 95% water recovery when purifying to drinking water quality
Eaquasys Capdion builds water purification system using membrane capacitive deionization (CDI) technology.
How much water can be purified by Capdion System?
Eaquasys Capdion (CDI) system can be stacked with any variety of CDI cells to satisfy the demand of any undertaking small or massive. Whether it be for a home, business, manufacturing plant, or municipality, Eaquasys Capdion can justify a CDI system, targeting to any type of application. Although our standard size of Capdion covers 300 cubic meter litres per day, however, we have experience of design the Caption system to cover 40000 cubic meters Lettres of groundwater with raw TDS of 800ppm to cover a municipality water. Capdion could easily demineralise the raw water with up to 2000 TDS, reducing about 95% by one circle of circulation, leaving wastewater about 5-10% of which in comparison with RO System (wasted water 25-30%) is totally ignorable.
Eaquasys Capdion CDI is able to effectively remove the following water contaminants:
- Temporary Hardness: Ca , Mg
- Total Hardness: CaCl2 , MgCl2 , CaSo4 , MgSO4
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Chlorides and Sulphates
- Sodium chloride: NaCl
- Sodium Sulphate: Na2SO4
- Nitrate Anion NO3
- Nitrite Anion NO2
- Ammonia NH4+
- Iron (Fe) (when present in ionic form)
- Magnesium (Mm) (when present in ionic form)
- High level of oxidizers (when connected with humic acid)
- Organic Micro pollutant (when present in dissociated form)
- Hexavalent chrome
- Heavy Metals
Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems can be designed, engineered, and justified to cover the demand for nearly any requirement. The percentage of demineralization will be various based mostly on the raw water hardness and characteristics and also specific water needs. This may be carried out by varying the potential distinction throughout the electrodes from 1 to 1.6V. This characteristic, unique in respect to all other water purification technologies in the industry, allows for the alteration of the water’s taste.
Eaquasys Capdion CDI Advantages
Eaquasys Capdion CDI has many advantages over Reverse Osmosis (RO):
- Minimal Water Wasted – In comparison with typical RO systems that waste greater than 30% of the water, the maximum water wasted in Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems is less than 10%. This results in long-term conservation of groundwater.
- Lower Operating Cost -Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems use no chemical compounds and have decrease consumable necessities for operation. The systems utilize less electrical energy and the overal cost of producing purified water is about 1 cent per 10 litres
- Simplistic Operation -Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems gains a built-in controller that automates the working of the system in local conditions and the whole system may be controlled with little or no training.
- Small Footprint – A typical Eaquasys Capdion CDI system requires very restricted space to operate. Eaquasys Capdion can build systems for homes occupying one or few CDI unit, which might be sufficiently small for a countertop or the large systems to fulfil the requirements of municipalities.
- Environmentally Friendly – Since Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems do not use any chemical substances for purifying, the water drained from the system does not contain any waste chemicals which might be hazardous to the environment. This ensures the safe release of water back to the environment.
- Retention of Beneficial Minerals – Unlike water treatment in a typical Reverse Osmosis system, where most of the minerals are removed from the raw water, Eaquasys Capdion CDI systems can be set to retain desired ranges of minerals that are beneficial to the human health.
Effective water purification requires removal of total dissolved solids (TDS) which comprise inorganic salts (principally calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, bicarbonates, chlorides, and sulfates) and contaminants such as inorganic chemicals, organic chemicals, and radionuclides. Other contaminants include microbial pathogens, disinfectants, and disinfection byproducts.
Water purification requires several steps and multiple technologies for effective removal of all contaminants. When looking at the technologies available, some are better than others in regards to energy efficiency, dependability, and cost.
Eaquasys Consortium approaches to water purification with the most advanced technologies and continues to innovate with persistent research and development of our product line. We manufacture the most advanced Capdion systems available. Capdion is more efficient at purifying brackish water, river water, and groundwater than established technologies such as reverse osmosis.
Capdion is capable of removing inorganic salts and contaminants, radionuclides, and some organic contaminants. Those contaminants where Capdion is not entirely effective, activated carbon filters usually are. Carbon filters are most effective at removing chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), as well as taste and odour from water.
Capdion Water Purification Technology (CWPT)
Eaquasys Capdion systems employ a simple, cost effective modular design providing flexibility to align with both current and future water demands. The Capdion systems feature real-time, remote monitoring and control capability as well as optional automated cleaning and Dynamic Control allowing minimal operator intervention.Capdion systems are used in commercial and industrial applications, from cooling towers and boiler feed to commercial laundries and any other application that benefits from low TDS, softened water.
CAPDION CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS
Capdion’s customized solutions afford Capdion systems that are tailored to your specific needs. Multiple systems, as well as pre-piped and pre-wired containerized systems, are available. Our modular design allows you to easily expand as your operation grows and process flow requirements increase, or alternately, integrate with pre-existing water treatment technology.
- Has over a 95% water recovery rate;
- Does not require water softening;
- Low maintenance;
- Purifies at a fraction of the cost of reverse osmosis (RO).
- Effectively removes most charged inorganic contaminants (nitrates, ammonia, arsenic, lead, flouride, magnesium, calcium);
- Total dissolved solids (TDS) or salinity.
- Removes organic contaminants if they have a charge;
- However, most organic contaminants can be removed by activated carbon filters prior to running through the CDI).
- Removes radionuclide contaminants such as alpha particles, beta particles, Radium, and Uranium.
If you need water disinfection so SanClean 1200 is your choice: 100 times effective than Chlorine or Bleach.
Required ingredients: Water, Salt, Electricity
Eaquasys HiLab Rapid Hygiene Monitoring System supports water industry as a rapid water infection detection system.
Capdion System Advantages
When the water source is brackish water, river water, or groundwater, utilizing carbon filters followed by Capdion is the most cost-effective and energy-efficient method of purifying drinking water. Activated carbon removes most volatile organic contaminants, whereas Capdion removes the dissolved charged species such as total dissolved solids (TDS), inorganic contaminants, and radionuclides.
Capdion Technology vs. Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Capdion has a 95% water recovery when purifying to drinking water quality. RO has a 70% water recovery.
- Capdion costs approximately $0.06 per 1000 litres. RO costs $0.08 to $0.16 per 1000 litres.
- Capdion does not require water softening prior to purification. RO does require water softening prior to purification.
- Capdion is a low maintenance system. RO is a high-pressure system across membranes requiring routine maintenance.
- Capdion is capable of leaving some beneficial minerals in the water. RO removes everything, including the good minerals.
Patented Membrane (CAPDION) technology
Tuneable TDS reduction, up to 92.5 %
High water recovery, up to 92.5 %
Operation at high temperature, up to 60 °C (140 °F)
Dynamic Control – controlled output water quality
Complete system monitoring and feedback
Remote control monitoring available
Customisable system sizing to reach client needs
Low energy usage, 0.4 – 0.8 kWh/m3 Design and Scope of Supply
CAPDION systems include built-in monitoring; flow, pressure, conductivity, module voltage
Membrane Capdion Modules, Ambient or High Temperature
Capdion System User Manual
Capdion Remote Control Monitoring Package
- Capdion Water Purification Technology (CWPT) removes the following:
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), principally calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, bicarbonates, chlorides, and sulfates.
- Inorganic contaminants such as antimony, arsenic, barium, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, copper, cyanide, fluoride, lead, mercury, nitrate, nitrite, perchlorate, selenium, and thallium.
- Radionuclides such as alpha and beta particles, radium, and uranium.
- Disinfection byproducts such as bromate and chlorite.
- Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates
- Organic contaminants dissolved in aqueous solution as a charged species.
- Activated carbon (Pre-part) filters remove the following:
- Taste and odor
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Chloro fluorocarbons and chlorocarbons
- Fossil fuels
- Methylene chloride
- Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE)
- Herbacides and pesticides
- Capdion Water Purification Technology (CDI System) may be applied to cover a wide range of agricultural and industrial fields from water treatment industries on any scales of coverage to many different manufacturers as follows.
- Drinking Water
- Food and Beverage
- Beverage & Dairy Manufacturing
- Fish & Seafood Processing
- Meat Processing
- Poultry Processing
- Produce Processing
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Surgery Centres
- Water purification
- Wastewater Treatment
- Bars & Nightclubs
- Cruise Ships
- Parks & Recreation
- Theme Parks
- Waterparks & Pools
- Grade Schools
- Colleges & Universities
- Well Water
- Public Water
How does Eaquasys Capdion water purification CDI system work?
Eaquasys Capdion CDI is a prominent technology to purify water by making use of potential distinction over two porous carbon electrodes. Anions (negative charge) are removed from the water and are stored in the positively polarized electrode. Likewise, cations (positive charge) are stored in the cathode, which is the negatively polarized electrode. Recently we have developed a bipolar system which could make double the capability of the CDI units.
Capdion Automated dynamic control
Capdion dynamic control feature enables automated continuous control of your product water quality to account for any variations in feed water.
Capdion systems are equipped with remote monitoring and control capabilities and once subscribed, customers can enjoy peace of mind that the monitoring of their Capdion systems is by qualified Eaquasys personnel to ensure optimized system performance.
Capdion modules are available in two configurations; the monopolar for ambient and Bipolar for high-temperature applications. Simple electrical terminals and water connections allow easy installation and service. The Monopolar modules can operate on a range of flows and feed water salinities, allowing implementation into a host of applications.
INDUSTRIAL PARALLEL SYSTEMS (Capdion-P)
Capdion Production Line
The Eaquasys SanClean GS-1200 Electrolyzer can disinfect water on-site and on-demand from just salt, water, and electricity.
How much water can it disinfect?
Each system can generate sufficient free available chlorine within the type of hypochlorous acid to disinfect 200 Liters of water per minute. The systems may be stacked to disinfect any quantity of litres of water.
How does ECA work?
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) is a strong oxidant (800 to 1000 mV) that can kill organic pathogens immediately upon contact by damaging cell walls or inactivate the pathogen by entering and damaging proteins, lipids, and DNA.
Would research confirm the Electrolyzed Water?
Throughout the last decades, we have analysed over 500 published research papers and industrial reports, confirming the applying of Electrolyzed Water (ECA). Almost every widespread pathogens have been studied including E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Vibrio, Staphylococcus Aureus, MRSA, spore-forming bacteria, and many well-known viruses and fungi. To read more please click our research page and search by microorganism or field of application to have access to applied research
Inactivating Microbial Contaminants
Advantages of water disinfection by electrochemical activation in comparison with the conventional methods of water disinfection:
1- More effective
2- Less expensive
3- Environmentally friendly
The traditional methods, which have seen intensive use since 100 years ago, include chlorine gas and chlorine solutions of sodium hypochlorite (bleach). Regardless of the huge amount of expertise gained over time, these methods have disadvantages, along with the price of the chemical substances and the huge expenditure on safety prevention equipment.
Electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid is 100 times more effective than sodium hypochlorite without the need to have the protective gear or safety equipment adding this fact that Hypochlorous acid is totally non-toxic, non-irritant, and eco-friendly.
Electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid eliminates common organic pathogens:
- Caliciviruses (including Norovirus)
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Enterovirus (including polioviruses, coxsakieviruses, and echoviruses)
- Escherichia coli (O157)
- Helicobacter pylori
- Hepatitis A
- Legionella pneumophilia
- Mycobacterium avium
- Salmonella enterica
- Shigella sonnei
Eaquasys SanClean GS1200 and GS240 Electrolyzers can disinfect all the drinking water without applying poisonous concentrated chemicals.
The Eaquasys SanClean 240 and 1200 Sanitizer systems are compact electrolyzers designed to generate Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water on-site and on-demand from salt, water, and electrical energy.
What is Electrolyzed Water (ECA)?
Electrolyzed Water is electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a neutral-to-acidic electrolyzed water. HOCl has been known for about 100 years and it’s an undeniable fact that it’s an extra powerful oxidant than chlorine bleach. Only throughout the last three decades have we been in a position to generate solutions of near 100% HOCl in such a stable form. HOCl kills microorganism, bacterial spores, and viruses 100 times more effective than chlorine bleach.
How does ECA work?
Electrolyzed Water is a strong oxidant (800 to 1000 mV) that can kill microbial pathogens immediately upon contact by damaging cell walls or inactivate the pathogen by entering and damaging proteins, lipids, and DNA.
Would research confirm the Electrolyzed Water?
Throughout the last decades, we have analysed over 500 published research papers and industrial reports, confirming the applying of Electrolyzed Water (ECA). Almost every widespread pathogens have been studied including E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Vibrio, Staphylococcus Aureus, MRSA, spore-forming bacteria, and many well-known viruses and fungi. To read more please click our research page and search by microorganism or field of application to have access to applied research.
Work Station Sanitation
By using our Electrolyzed Water generators you will be capable to produce fresh Eelectrolised Water with the highest efficacy in terms of Non-Hazardous, Non-Toxic, fully Natural and Eco-Friendly sanitizer, on-site and on-demand.
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) is a perfect bacteriocidal for medical and dental clinics due to its safety, and naturality along with effectiveness.
ECA does not trigger pores and skin or respiratory irritation and irradicates all potentially dangerous chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing all workstations.
Direct Application and Fogging
By fact that hypochlorous acid (HOCL) is a very stable solution, therefore it may be utilized in many various ways. In spite of direct implementing by spray bottles and containers & mops, it could be applied widely by dry-misters and foggers.
Fogging offers many benefits in that it can distribute ECA into a big space in a short time to sanitize and deodorize. As a result of ECA is so safe, protecting gear or extra equipment is not necessary. Fogging may also attain areas which might be typically missed by direct spray such as under tanks, piping, and inside some of the equipment. ECA can be used to sanitize all contact surfaces in the workstation.
Replacing Chemical Substances
Replacing chemicals in workstation saves time, storage space, and money. Chemical compounds require purchasing, transporting, storing, and preparation. Eaquasys SanClean ECA generators generated anolyte and catholyte on-side and exactly on your demand and requires minimal space for storing. The only required ingredients are salt, water, and electricity.
Sanitizing Contact Surfaces
Not only is ECA safe, non-hazardous and all-natural, however, it is more effective than the chemical compounds at the present getting used. ECA is a solution of mixed oxidants of which the primary oxidant is electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid (HOCl), an antimicrobial that has been recognized by the CDC in their guidelines for disinfection and sterilization. Hypochlorous acid can be utilized at concentrations as excessive as 200 ppm which successfully either kills or inactivates most bacteria and viruses in 10-60 seconds.
ECA does not cause microbial resistance and its effectiveness never decrease throughout the implementing.
Sanitation power of SanClean ECA Anolyte
- 100 times more biocidal than chlorine bleach
- Instant-kill on most G+ and G- bacteria
- Instant-kill on Clostridium difficile spores
- Instant-kill on VRE, MRSA, and MRSE
- Instant-kill on Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Effective against Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Effective against HIV, HBV, HCV, and CMV
- No high temperatures are necessary
- Most effective between 50-86 ºF (10-30 ºC)
- Does not cause irritation, safe on eyes and skin
- Does not cause corrosion of fabrics
- Does not alter colours, pH neutral
Staffs and Workers Safety
Preparation of toxic concentrated chemicals can be a cause of safety hazards such as respiratory and skin irritants for cleaners and employers. Eaquasys SanClean Cleaner & Sanitizer is 100% safe for workers. It does not require any particular preparation. It is non-hazardous and non-irritant and does not require gloves or masks. It may be utilized straight with spray bottles, rags and mops or widely by dry-mister and fogging machines in addition to pressure spraying.
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) may irradicate quaternary ammonium (Quats), chlorine bleach, and other hazardous, toxic and irritant chemicals applying to sanitize all of your environment and equipment.
Eaquasys SanClean Electrolyzed Water is safe, non-hazardous, non-chemical, and non-irritant and can be used by staffs, workers and customers for hand sanitation.
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) can be used to sanitize medical and dental equipment by using it in many methods, direct spraying or fogging.
Because of natural and non-toxic nature of ECA, there is not necessary to apply it in the just vacant and sealed area like hydrogen peroxide.
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) can be used to sanitize water storage and containers.
Electrolyzed Water (ECA) is natural, non-toxic and eco-friendly. It is generated from table salt, water, and electricity.
We stay up for doing good points with you in an effort to protect your merchandise not solely from microorganisms nevertheless from hazardous chemical substances and water hardness elements..
Welcome to be our partner worldwide
Our clients include many of the world’s best-performing and most admired companies, law firms, and industry organizations as well as the UK and international regulatory and government agencies.